1/25/2018 9:39:00 AM SUMMONS:
James A. Briggs and Ruth Ann Briggs,
husband and wife, joint tenants, Plaintiffs -- vs. -- City of Lindstrom, State of Minnesota,
Ray Collins, Tillie Collins,
Melissa M. Rust, US Bank National
Association, Scott A. Dennison,
Denise S. Dennison, Bank of America, N.A., and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest or lien in the real estate described in the Complaint herein.
(January 25; February 1,8, 2018)
STATE OF MINNESOTA COUNTY OF CHISAGO
IN DISTRICT COURT TENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT CIVIL DIVISION Court File No. 13-CV-17-935
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO DEFENDANTS ABOVE-NAMED
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiffs have started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs' Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITH 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons (or when the United States or an agency thereof is a defendant, it has 60 days). You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at: Butts, Schneider & Butts, LLP, 155 So. Lake Street, Forest Lake, MN 55025.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days (or when the United States or an agency thereof is a defendant, it has 60 days), you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Chisago County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
That portion of Government Lots 3 and 4, both in Section 4, Township 33 , Range 20, Chisago County, Minnesota described as follows:
Commencing at the West Quarter corner of said Section 4; thence North 60 degrees 37 minutes 16 seconds East, assuming the west line of the Southwest Quarter of said Section 4 has a bearing of South 00 degrees 01 minute 50 seconds West, 2710.05 feet to the point of beginning; thence South 89 degrees 51 minutes 05 seconds East, 79.90 feet; thence North 33 degrees 16 minutes 59 seconds East, 68.89 feet; thence South 88 degrees 12 minutes 56 seconds West, 95.97 feet; thence North 76 degrees 44 minutes 01 second West, 146 feet more or less to the shoreline of South Lindstrom Lake; thence southwesterly along said shoreline to the intersection with a line bearing North 75 degrees 53 minutes 10 seconds West from said point of beginning; thence South 75 degrees 53 minutes 10 seconds East, along said line, 159 feet more or less to said point of beginning.
The object of this action is to obtain a Judgment that Plaintiffs are the owners in fee of the above-described property, and that the Defendants do not have any estate or interest therein or lien thereon.
Dated: December 27, 2017
BUTTS, SCHNEIDER & BUTTS, LLP By: /s/ Steve L. Butts (#13882) Attorney for Plaintiffs 155 S. Lake Street Forest Lake, MN 55025 651-464-6162