3/28/2013 9:45:00 AM BOARD OF EDUCATION
Chisago Lakes Area Schools Minutes of February 21 board meeting
(March 28, 2013)
Independent School District #2144 Chisago and Washington Counties Thursday, February 21, 2013 MINUTES
Members Present: Mark Leigh; Thomas Lawlor; Danielle Strenke; Lori Berg; Brenda Carlson; Jerry Vitalis; Molly Sandstrom (Student Rep); and Heide Miller, Director of Business Services.
Members Absent: Michael McLoughlin, Superintendent.
Visitors: Robert Meyer, Brian Boettcher (BKB) and Joy Peck.
1. The Superintendent semi-finalist interview meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m. and began with the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The School Board interviewed an additional four superintendent semi-finalist candidates from a pool of eight. The candidates interviewed this date were: Dr. Virginia Dahlstrom; Mr. Wayne Kazmierczak; Mr. David Pace; and Mr. Joe Thimm.
3. Upon completion of interviews, the Staff Advisory Committee and the Community/Parent Advisory Committee reported to the Board regarding their findings of strengths and concerns from their interview sessions with the eight semi-finalists.
4. After discussion, the School Board selected three superintendent candidates to invite back as finalists to be interviewed again by the Board on Wednesday, February 27, 2013. The three finalists chosen were: Dr. James Ellis, Dr. Ray Queener and Mr. Joe Thimm.
5. Chairman Leigh adjourned the session at 10:45 p.m.
Danielle Strenke, Clerk Mark Leigh, Chair
(Minutes of School Board Interview Meeting Thursday, February 21, 2013; website: www.chisagolakes.k12.mn.us)
This document is available in the following formats upon request: Braille, Large Print, Audio Cassette Tape, and Computer Disk. Please call 651-213-2011 for more information or to request a copy.